Our moisturizing body oil hydrates and soothes skin, while stimulating collagen production and improving skin elasticity.
- Plant Oils:
- Hemp - Rich in omega fatty acids and vitamins A, B, D, and E. Highly emollient and anti-inflammatory.
- Sweet Almond - Rich in vitamins A & E. Moisturizing but lightweight. Considered a universal oil in Ayurveda.
- Ayurvedic Herbs:
- Ashwagandha - Adaptogen. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant-rich.
- Bala - Supports nervous system, muscles, and joints. Gives a beautiful glow to the skin.
- Essential Oils:
- Lavender - Calming aroma, balances moisture barrier.
- Frankincense - Soothing to both mind and skin.
- Copaiba - Powerful anti-inflammatory.
To use: For nourished, glowing skin, massage oil over entire body after shower or bath. Best when used on damp skin. Add to a warm bath for an enriching, luxurious soak.
Highlighted use: "Abhyanga," Ayurvedic Massage.
How to perform Abhyanga on yourself:
- Optional: Begin by dry-brushing to remove dead skin. Brush in long strokes, moving towards your heart.
- Warm a small amount of oil in a bowl by setting it in a pan of hot water.
- Gently but firmly massage your whole body, using long strokes on limbs, and circular motions on joints. Make sure you don't forget your feet, ears, and scalp (our Rasa Ayurvedic Hair Oil is even better for scalp!).
- Sit for 5-20 minutes to allow the oil to penetrate. Take this time for meditation or breathing practices.
- Take a warm shower to remove excess oil. Wash your feet first so you don't slip. Use soap only where needed, just rinse your body otherwise. Make sure to pat dry with a towel, don't rub! You may want to reserve a special towel for these days, as the oil will build up.
- Perform Abhyanga at least 2-3 times a week. Developing a regular practice will increase circulation, improve the texture of your skin, and even help calm your nerves and help you sleep.
Please note: Abhyanga is not recommended while pregnant, menstruating, after a heavy meal, or for certain medical conditions. Consult your doctor first.
Rasa Ayurvedic Oils are:
- 100% natural
- Synthetic fragrance-free
- Propylene Glycol-free
- Mineral oil and petroleum-free
- 100% vegan and never tested on animals