Chakra means "wheel" in Sanskrit. The chakras are said to be swirling centers of energy within the body and play a role in both the yogic tradition and Vajrayana Buddhism. Each chakra is traditionally associated with a specific part of the body, a corresponding color, and a gemstone.
Our Chakra Pendant Collection is handmade at a yoga ashram workshop in India where homeless men learn the craft of fine jewelry making. The pendants are beautiful reminders to give our attention to the energy of our actions, thoughts and emotions
The entire collection of Chakra Pendants is presented in a shimmering satin box embellished with a golden Crown Chakra. Set includes seven sterling silver Chakra pendants, 18" sterling silver chain, and description of each chakra.
Materials: Sterling silver with semi-precious stones
Size: 7/8" W x 1" L, each
18" sterling silver chain
Made in India
Satin gift box
The Seven Chakras
The chakras are said to be swirling centers of energy within the body and play a role in both the yogic tradition and Vajrayana Buddhism. Each chakra is traditionally associated with a specific part of the body, a corresponding color, and a gemstone.
The Seven Chakras and their attributes:
- The seventh chakra, the Crown Chakra, is the center of "Cosmic Consciousness" or universal energy. Its color is purple and its gemstone is amethyst.
- The sixth chakra, the Third Eye Chakra, governs our ability to separate reality from delusion and is said to be the center of our wisdom. Its color is dark blue and its gemstone is lapis.
- The fifth chakra, the Throat Chakra, relates to the honesty with which we express ourselves. Its color is blue and its stone is turquoise.
- The fourth chakra, the Heart Chakra, is the center of love and compassion. Its color is green and its stone is green jade, or green onyx.
- The third chakra, the Solar Plexus Chakra, governs intuition. It is the source of our "gut instincts" and sense of personal power. Its color is yellow and its stone is citrine or yellow jade.
- The second chakra, the Sacral Chakra, is associated with finding balance in our lives. The process of making changes in our lives through personal choices is a function of second chakra energy. Its color is orange and its stone is carnelian.
- The first chakra, the Root Chakra, is the grounding force that connects our physical being to the earth's energies. Its color is red and its stone is garnet.