Thich Nhat Hanh is one of the best-known and most beloved Zen Masters living in the world today. He has been teaching mindfulness practice for more than seventy years.
Thich Nhat Hanh brings his signature clarity, compassion and humor to the fundamentals of human living and loving in this five-volume set of "How To" books from his Mindfulness Essentials series. Each pocket-sized book illuminates the basics of mindfulness practice in short, single-paragraph chapters. This inspiring series is a wonderful gift and is sure to become an essential resource for both the longtime and beginning meditator. With pen-and-ink drawings by Jason DeAntonis.
- How To Sit offers detailed instructions, guided breathing exercises and visualizations, as well as Thich Nhat Hanh's personal stories and insights.
- How to Walk demonstrates how the everyday act of walking is an opportunity to recapture wonder, express gratitude, and diminish suffering.
- How to Eat teaches how to create a joyful and sustainable relationship with all aspects of eating, including gardening, food shopping, preparing, serving, and cleaning up after a meal. A welcome reminder that the benefits of mindful eating are both personal and global.
- How to Relax shows how critical it is to regularly interrupt the hub-bub of our lives to stop, relax mindfully, and recharge. With sections on healing, relief from non-stop thinking, transforming unpleasant sounds, solitude, and "being peace."
- How to Love offers important teachings on being in love, physical intimacy, children and family, crushes, and much more. Includes meditations you can do on your own or with your partner to expand your capacity to love.