stimulating hair growth and soothing the scalp.
- Plant Oils:
- Black Seed Oil - hydrates hair and soothes scalp.
- Sesame Oil - nourishes hair and stimulates scalp.
- Ayurvedic Herbs:
- Amla - strengthens hair.
- Bhringaraj - strengthens hair follicle.
- Brahmi - soothes scalp inflammation.
- Essential Oils:
- Rosemary - promotes circulation on scalp.
- Geranium - supports healthy hair growth.
- Nutmeg - nourishes hair and soothes scalp inflammation.
To use: For moisture, shine, and frizz control, smooth a few drops over wet or dry hair, focusing on the ends.For a deep conditioning treatment, massage a generous amount into scalp and hair. Leave on overnight and wash out.
Highlighted use: Ayurvedic Scalp Massage.
How to perform Ayurvedic Scalp Massage on yourself:
- Warm a small amount of oil in a bowl by setting it in a pan of hot water.
- Sitting upright, pour some of the oil onto the crown of your head.
- Gently but firmly massage oil into the scalp using the pads of your fingers (not nails) in small, circular motions. Start at the sides of your head and work toward the top.
- Tilt your head down and pour more oil along the back of your head and massage in.
- Grab handfuls of hair at the root and gently tug from side to side, using your knuckles to knead the scalp.
- Press the heals of your hands into your temples and make slow circular movements.
- Squeeze and massage the back of your neck. Make sure to alternate hands so you're not overworking one side. Squeeze along the base of your neck, moving out to your shoulders.
- Leave oil on for at least 20 minutes. If leaving on overnight, make sure to either wrap your head in a towel or cap, or place a towel over your pillow.
- Repeat at least once a week. A regular scalp massage practice supports healthy hair growth for thick, strong hair, and helps support the nervous system.
Rasa Ayurvedic Oils are:
- 100% natural
- Synthetic fragrance-free
- Propylene Glycol-free
- Mineral oil and petroleum-free
- 100% vegan and never tested on animals